At Sortified we take privacy and data very seriously. We always ensure that we keep all data safe and private, we only collect and keep what we have to, and we never sell data on.
We try to ensure that we hold as little information as possible on individuals, but on some occasions we do need to hold and use information and data. We may hold your information if:
- You are actively involved in a project or service
- You are employed by us
- We have a contract with you that requires us to hold certain information
- We have a legal duty to hold information
- You have given us your information for business purposes
Your information and privacy is protected by law. Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have reason to do so. These reasons include:
- For contractual reasons
- Where we have a legal duty or obligation to keep data
- When someone has given consent for us to hold and use their data
We may use your personal information to:
- deliver services and projects
- obey laws and regulations
- respond to complaints and seek to resolve them
We hold information in a number of ways but all are secure.
- Electronic data is held on secure systems that are password-protected.
- Physical data is held in files in locked cabinets within a locked office.
The information and data we hold about you may be:
- General contact details (Name, Address, Phone Number, Email)
- Linked to an individual project (This will be discussed with you through the project)
- Personal details linked to employment (Education, Previous Work Experience, Medical Notes, Employment History, Bank Details, Payment History)
- More detailed information linked to a specific need, issue, complaint or comment (This will be discussed with you through the appropriate process)
- Contractual Details (Bank Details, Invoicing, Remittance, Payment History)
We may also hold some information through:
- Letters and correspondence
- Social Media
- Our website
- Employment Processes (such as job applications and interview notes)
We do not share your information or data with any third party unless:
- You ask us to
- We have a legal duty to do so
- We need to share information as part of a project (we will always explain this to you first)
We only hold the information that we need, and that you provide to us. We will only hold data and information for as long as we need it, and are for as long as we are legally obliged to do so. You can ask us how long this is.
We only hold information that you have consented to give us, and you can remove your consent at any time. If we are not legally required to hold that information any longer then we will delete, destroy or remove your information straight away. We may have to legally hold some information after this but we will tell you what data we will hold, what we will do with it, how it is stored and how long we have to hold it for.
We believe that you have a right to know what data is held about you, why we hold it, and what we use it for. If you want to know what data we hold about you then please contact the data officer on the address below.
We believe that you have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. If you want to question or change the data we hold then please contact the data officer at the address below.
Sortified are happy to support you to withdraw consent around the data we hold at anytime. To do so please contact the data officer at the address below.
If you want to complain about what information we hold or how we use it the please contact the data officer at the address below. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The Data Officer, Sortified, Room 35, Wake House, 41 North Street, Bourne, Lincolnshire, PE10 9AE.
APPROVED BY THE SORTIFIED BOARD - 10th May 2018
SIGNED ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD BY: R. Collins
Review by: 9th May 2020